K172 Schumacher CAT XLS Masami 4wd Off Road Buggy Assembly Kit
The Schumacher CAT revolutionised off road racing when it was introduced in 1986, being years ahead of the competition.
It became an international success winning British, European, Japanese, Australian, and American championships.
It was updated with a longer wheelbase and Masami Hirosaka went on to win the 1987 1/10th 4WD IFMAR World Championships in Romsey, England.
We are now excited to offer this iconic replica of the car that Masami used to win the first of his many World Championships, and put Schumacher Racing on the map as a leading RC car manufacturer.
- Ball differentials, which had been invented by Cecil Schumacher in 1978.
- Unique integrator system offering adjustable torque split between front and rear.
- Double wishbone suspension with massive travel.
- Alloy coil over oil filled shock absorbers.
- Huge steering lock to handle the tightest tracks.
- Front O ring ‘crashback’ system to minimise front end crash damage.
- Compact design with low polar moment of inertia and low centre of gravity gives the CAT remarkable manoeuvrability and balance.
- Tough polycarbonate bodyshell and undertray to keep out the dirt.
- Original Schumacher spiked tyres.
- Accepts period nicad/nimh batteries or modern shorty lipos.
- Accepts brushed or brushless motors. (Maximum 17.5T limit with kit transmission)
- Optional Transmission upgrade available to handle modern high powered motors, and create a class leading buggy for historic RC racing.